Dry eye is a common condition that occurs when the tears you can not provide adequate lubrication to your eyes.
Tears could be inadequate for various reasons. For example, dry eyes can occur if you do not produce enough tears, or if you produce tears of poor quality. If you're looking for dry eye specialist in Toronto, you can browse various online sources.
Dry eyes feel uncomfortable. If you have dry eyes, your eyes may sting or burn. You may experience dry eye in certain situations, such as in aircraft, in the air-conditioned space, while riding or after looking at the computer screen for several hours.
Treatments for dry eye can make you more comfortable. This treatment may include lifestyle changes and eyedrops. You will probably need to take these steps without limits to control the symptoms of dry eye.
Image Source: Google
Signs and symptoms, which usually affects both eyes, may include:
- A stinging, burning or itching sensation in your eyes
- thread mucus in or around your eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- redness of the eyes
- A sensation of having something in your eyes
- Difficulty wearing contact lenses
- The difficulty with night driving
- Watery eyes, which is the body's response to irritation of dry eyes
- blurred vision or eyestrain
When to see a doctor
See your doctor if you already have signs and symptoms of dry eye, including red eyes, irritated, tired or prolonged illness. Your doctor can take steps to determine what is bothering your eyes or refer you to a specialist.